Employment Opportunities at Whitley Burchett & Associates
Whitley Burchett & Associates is a Walnut Creek based civil/environmental consulting engineering firm that specializes in wastewater, water, recycled water and renewable energy engineering. We serve municipal water and wastewater agencies and private companies in the greater Bay Area and have been in business since 1985. Our areas of specialization include process/mechanical system planning, design and troubleshooting; energy management, program and project management and funding assistance.
Whitley Burchett & Associates has an employment opportunity in Walnut Creek for an Assistant Engineer to assist with design of water and wastewater facilities, and energy management projects.
General Description of Position
Assisting in engineering work for the design of pump stations, blowers, and other mechanical systems in water and wastewater facilities, including:
• Preparing alternatives analysis and feasibility studies.
• Assisting in preparation of technical memoranda, basis of design reports, specifications, and contract documents for water and wastewater projects.
• Preparing engineering drawings including site layouts, equipment layouts, process flow diagrams, and preliminary P&IDs, and coordinate with CADD technicians for production of construction drawings.
• Providing engineering services during construction.
• Preparing cost opinions, life cycle cost analyses, process calculations, hydraulic analysis calculations, and hydraulic profiles.
• MS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field required.
• Professional registration as a Civil Engineer in California. An EIT certificate with the expectation of obtaining PE licensure in the near future may be considered.
• Two years minimum of professional related experience in the water, infrastructure, or wastewater field.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and basic proficiency in AutoCAD.
• Valid driver’s license and right to work in California.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Three to five years of professional engineering experience in the water/wastewater industry working for engineering consulting firms or municipal agencies.
• Design of municipal water and wastewater improvement projects.
• Preparation of engineering calculations and equipment selection, including hydraulics and pumping systems.
• Strong technical writing and ability to communicate effectively with clients and project team.
• Active participation in local professional associations.
Send a cover letter and your resume to Meredith Shields at [email protected]
Date posted: Sept. 22, 2014
Redwood Empire Section CWEA award winners will be recognized this at our Annual Awards Banquet, to be held at Zio Fraedo’s Restaurant in Vallejo on Friday, Nov. 21st at 6:30 pm.
More details to come in a flyer later…
At the 2014 awards banquet dinner, set for November 21, 2014 we will be installing the 2015 Board of Directors for the Redwood Empire Section.
We are currently seeking nominations for the First Year Director position. You may nominate a fellow Redwood Section member, or you can even nominate yourself. Please send your nominations to Tony Pirondini at [email protected]
Per our bylaws, we will open nominations to the floor at the dinner, and then the attending members will vote in a new First Year Director. Please send your nominations to me by November 14th so that we will have time to print up ballots if there is more than one nomination.
Thank you and I look forward to seeing all of you at the awards dinner.
CWEA RES Vice-President