Wastewater Collection System Planner/Modeler
Water/Wastewater Hydraulic Modeler Engineer for infrastructure planning and regulatory compliance projects
West Yost Associates (West Yost) has an immediate opening for a Collection System Planner/Modeler to work out of our Walnut Creek office. The ideal candidate will have a well-rounded background in master planning and hydraulic analyses, able to support senior-level staff in a wide range of water and wastewater planning projects.
Desired areas of expertise include sanitary sewer system master planning, infiltration and inflow analysis, flow monitoring, engineering research, GIS analyses, risk assessments, alternative analyses, and facility cost estimating. Proven skills in water/wastewater hydraulic modeling and GIS are required and collection system regulatory compliance knowledge is a plus.
Key Responsibilities and Functions:
· Performing water/wastewater system hydraulic analysis utilizing a variety of software programs
· Producing technical reports and master plans
· Analyzing various types of flow, demand, population, water quality, and condition data
· Serving as task manager, maintaining task/project budgets and schedules, and mentoring junior-level staff
· Assisting senior-level engineers with the preparation of proposals
The ideal candidate will be a proficient hydraulic modeler and a licensed Professional Engineer (with current California registration or commitment to obtain California registration within 18 months) with 5-10 years of experience of applied knowledge in water/wastewater planning projects. The candidate must be a strong technical writer; able to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously; and have strong organizational, problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills. Advanced knowledge of GIS, Microsoft Access, InfoWorks, InfoSewer, Mike Urban, SWMM, SewerCAD and other hydraulic modeling software is required. Skills in water system modeling are desired.
Please include a cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for this position. For more information or to apply online, please visit http://www.westyost.com/open-positions. This full-time, regular position is available in Walnut Creek, California.
No sponsorship is available for this position. West Yost Associates is an Affirmative Action Participant EOE/M/F/D/V.
Recruiter and Marketing Assistant
West Yost Associates
2020 Research Park Drive, Suite 100
Davis, CA 95618
The March section tour and dinner meeting has not been finalized yet, but mark your calendar…
California Water Environment Association
Protecting our water environment through education and training
Redwood Empire Section
March Dinner Meeting
Thursday – March 19, 2015
Tour – 4 pm
Social – 5 pm
Dinner – 6 pm
Presentation – 7 pm
Tour: TBD (Novato or Petaluma area)
Dinner: TBD (near tour)
1.0 Contact Hour will be awarded to those who attend the presentation
$30 per person for CWEA members (provide membership number)
$40 for non-members or guests (member dues offset portion of dinner cost)
$10 for students
Employment Opportunities at Whitley Burchett & Associates
Whitley Burchett & Associates is a Walnut Creek based civil/environmental consulting engineering firm that specializes in wastewater, water, recycled water and renewable energy engineering. We serve municipal water and wastewater agencies and private companies in the greater Bay Area and have been in business since 1985. Our areas of specialization include process/mechanical system planning, design and troubleshooting; energy management, program and project management and funding assistance.
Whitley Burchett & Associates has an employment opportunity in Walnut Creek for an Assistant Engineer to assist with design of water and wastewater facilities, and energy management projects.
General Description of Position
Assisting in engineering work for the design of pump stations, blowers, and other mechanical systems in water and wastewater facilities, including:
• Preparing alternatives analysis and feasibility studies.
• Assisting in preparation of technical memoranda, basis of design reports, specifications, and contract documents for water and wastewater projects.
• Preparing engineering drawings including site layouts, equipment layouts, process flow diagrams, and preliminary P&IDs, and coordinate with CADD technicians for production of construction drawings.
• Providing engineering services during construction.
• Preparing cost opinions, life cycle cost analyses, process calculations, hydraulic analysis calculations, and hydraulic profiles.
• MS degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field required.
• Professional registration as a Civil Engineer in California. An EIT certificate with the expectation of obtaining PE licensure in the near future may be considered.
• Two years minimum of professional related experience in the water, infrastructure, or wastewater field.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and basic proficiency in AutoCAD.
• Valid driver’s license and right to work in California.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Three to five years of professional engineering experience in the water/wastewater industry working for engineering consulting firms or municipal agencies.
• Design of municipal water and wastewater improvement projects.
• Preparation of engineering calculations and equipment selection, including hydraulics and pumping systems.
• Strong technical writing and ability to communicate effectively with clients and project team.
• Active participation in local professional associations.
Send a cover letter and your resume to Meredith Shields at [email protected]
Date posted: Sept. 22, 2014
At the 2014 awards banquet dinner, set for November 21, 2014 we will be installing the 2015 Board of Directors for the Redwood Empire Section.
We are currently seeking nominations for the First Year Director position. You may nominate a fellow Redwood Section member, or you can even nominate yourself. Please send your nominations to Tony Pirondini at [email protected]
Per our bylaws, we will open nominations to the floor at the dinner, and then the attending members will vote in a new First Year Director. Please send your nominations to me by November 14th so that we will have time to print up ballots if there is more than one nomination.
Thank you and I look forward to seeing all of you at the awards dinner.
CWEA RES Vice-President