CWEA Board nominations for the 2019 election are due December 17, 2018.
The CWEA Board of Directors and Executive Committee encourage you to nominate candidates for the following CWEA Board positions:
- Vice President from the North (will be President in third year of four-year term);
- Director at-large from the South (three-year term);
- Director at-large from the North (serves as CWEA Treasurer in third year of three-year term);
- Water Environment Federation (WEF) Delegate Director from the South (three-year term, starting in October 2019; however, attendance at Board meetings starts immediately after April elections).
Nomination to the Slate
All nomination packets must include a resume of CWEA activities, a recent picture of the nominee and a completed nominee questionnaire. The Executive Committee will review each nomination packet thoroughly, using the questionnaire and resume to select the best and most qualified candidates. Candidates for Vice President will also be interviewed by the Executive Committee, in addition to having their application materials reviewed.
Once that process is completed, the Executive Committee will submit a slate of candidates to the Board, to be voted on during the April elections. The pictures and questionnaire responses of these candidates will be posted on the CWEA website, so that members have the opportunity to learn about each candidate before the April election.
- Nomination Packet PDF and Word (right click to save link as a document)
- Bylaws (describing Board positions and composition)
- Responsibilities Summary
Nomination by Member Petition
Members can also nominate additional candidates for consideration in April, along with the slate of candidates presented by the Executive Committee. To nominate candidates through this process, be sure to submit petitions to the CWEA office by February 8, 2019 (for verification of membership and to meet publication deadlines).