To enhance the education and effectiveness of California's
wastewater professionals through:
- dissemination of technical information, and
- promotion of sound policies to benefit society through
protection and enhancement of the water environment.
To be the premier wastewater industry association in
California. We will:
- have a reputation for excellence and our members
will take pride in belonging.
- provide high quality products and services and we
will be the preferred provider of training and certification.
- be financially strong and we will have adequate
resources to accomplish our mission.
- actively seek information regarding the needs of
our members and we will be responsive to their changing
- act in the best interest of the Association as a
- apply "knowledge-based" decision-making.
- expect to be held accountable.
- open opportunities for participation to all members.
- plan and prepare for changing leadership and for
a constantly changing pool of volunteers.
- achieve renewal through leaders mentoring and developing
Professionalism - following the highest standards
of technical and ethical conduct; supportive of CWEA
at all times
Accountability - responsible and answerable for our
actions, assignments, and duties within the organization
Integrity - firm adherence to the Code of Conduct; honest
Responsiveness - providing timely service to our members;
reacting quickly to meet the changing needs of our members
Excellence - providing outstanding quality products
and services; doing our best at all times
Knowledge - gathering and learning the latest information
for use in developing training and education programs;
using sound data in the decision-making process
Adaptability - keeping in tune with changing circumstances
and requirements in order to consistently provide products
and services that meet the needs of our members
Inclusion - respecting all of our members and striving
to insure that opportunity for participation and advancement
Fun - through our volunteer efforts, there will be concurrent
opportunities for enjoyment and fulfillment
- Enhance the education and effectiveness of wastewater
professionals through training and certification.
- Develop and implement effective delivery mechanisms
to rapidly disseminate knowledge concerning the water
- Advance the knowledge and technology in the planning,
design, construction, operation and management of
wastewater treatment systems and facilities.
- Improve the professional status of all personnel
working in the wastewater industry and related fields.
- Encourage sound policy in matters relating to the
water quality control field.
- Advance the knowledge and understanding of the
water environment and its interaction with other aspects
of the environment.
- Stimulate public awareness of the importance of
wastewater treatment to public health and the water